Monday, July 5, 2010

62 days down, 218 to go...

It is officially the last day of Week 8. The "Little Raspberry" has kept me quite nauseas this week and seems to be all about refusing most of the foods I want to eat. Little bugger. Speaking of the little bugger, here he/she is -- in all their 8 week gestational glory! ----------------------------->

We still have 10 days to go until our first appointment with Dr. Kim. We're going nuts waiting to hear our little one's heartbeat. I'm also hoping that she gives me the green light to travel north to my sister's baby shower, which is just two days after the appointment. (And maybe even green light a trip down to Florida a couple weeks later for the MOPS convention?? One can pray/hope right?? hehe)

I spent the morning just resting in worship. It was a good way to combat the nausea and strange room's-a-spinning feeling. Seems like it has really hit me harder the past few days. With tomorrow being the start of week 9, hopefully the morning sickness will dissipate in the next few weeks. I'm crossing my fingers and saying a prayer...

So I think that to keep myself busy while I'm doing all this OH-SO-FUN WAITING, that maybe I'll make a handmade crazy quilt for the baby. I could make 1 square a week from now until the end and the blanket would be about 32-36 blocks (ish). I think it may help to have something for me to turn to and focus on when things start feeling like an emotional avalanche is about to fall on me. A good distraction. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment