Saturday, January 16, 2016

Moment of genius?

Okay so I doubt it's a moment of genius; I'm sure if I look on Pinterest I'll see that 100 other people already thought of it.

Princess loves to paint and I have been saving egg cartons to put the paint in except without fail she wants every color available for her painting but only uses 2 colors -- and the whole carton goes into the trash. 

Now I know that those little paint bottles are only like 75 cents or something, but after constantly throwing away paint, I was looking for a better way. And I found it. 

Disposable condiment cups. 

My local (itty bitty) Walmart has a 50ct pack of them for around $2 and they come with lids.







Snap lids on when she is done and drastically reduce wastage -- and make it easy for her to set up her painting stuff on her own (building independence and all that). 

Aside from using them for paint, I use them for:
-- Condiments when someone wants to dip their fries or chicken in a sauce, etc
-- give a portion of candy (like nerds) to each kid
-- put meds/vitamins in at night so everyone (kids included) can take them in the morning on their own
-- hold screws, etc when building or dismantling something to clean it
-- hold pins for sewing

Anyone have any other ideas??

I love them and reuse them whenever possible. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment