Sunday, October 19, 2014

Boneless Hot Wings :D

 Ok I've done it. 

After lots of trial and error, I've found the sweet spot -- the perfect boneless hot wings. Crispy on the outside, tender inside. 
I use boneless chicken thighs - chicken breast doesn't have the same depth of flavor that the thigh does when you're talking about wings. The taste is spot on. And they are perfectly crispy from the "breading" technique. Hubby raves. And you get more bang for your buck with thighs vs wings - which makes me rave. :D ok enough chatter, let's make some BL Hot Wings!

You'll need:
Boneless chicken thighs (trimmed of excess fat and cut into strips)
Cornstarch (don't sub with flour! This is what makes them crispy!)
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Salt/Pepper
Hot sauce
Butter/margarine
Oil (to fry)

Also, have handy:
A gallon ziploc bag
A colander
A plastic Walmart bag

Turn on your oil and get it going. 

Season your chicken with the garlic & onion powders and salt and pepper.
Put some cornstarch in the ziploc bag and add the chicken.
Zip (I leave air inside) and do the hippy hippy shake.. 😂 
Now, put your colander INSIDE the walmart bag and dump your chicken in it. 
(Sorry the photo isn't fabulous at portraying this!) hold the sides of the colander and handles of the bag together and gently shake to get the excess cornstarch off. Toss the bag - no mess baby! BOOYA!!! 

By now your oil should be ready. Fry the chicken in batches and drain on paper towels (brown paper bags or coffee filters work great as well when you don't have PT). 

Microwave equal parts hot sauce and butter/margarine (it goes a long way so I usually start with a few tbs of each). I do this in a bowl that has a lid - which makes the next part a snap. 
Add chicken, put lid on and.... 🎶Shake it to the left...Shake it to the right🎶 Ok I'll stop now. 

And we did it! 
Perfect boneless hot wings everytime! You can definitely just toss the chicken in whatever other wing sauces you want - if you feel adventurous, here's 50 different wing sauces to try in one link! http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/articles/50-wing-recipes.html
The chili-ranch, maple-bacon, and cola-glazed ones sound super yummy!

You can make big batches and freeze too! (Spread chicken out on freezer-paper lined cookie sheet and freeze for a few hours --- keeps them from being a large lump of chicken pieces frozen together.) Just bake at 450' for 10-15 minutes on a greased foil-lined pan. 

There ya have it. And more importantly, I now have my recipe documented for future reference. I have a bad habit of not writing down my recipes because I'm SURE I'll remember them. LOL

Til next time, friends....

No comments:

Post a Comment