Monday, October 27, 2014

Keeping food warm :)

I've learned to accept that birthing babies cost more than my perfect physique (by that I mean my boobs lol). It definitely has impaired my ability to multi-task successfully like I did years ago. I've also adapted things I've learned in the past to work for me now. Case in point - cooking for the family while I'm trying to pull apart bickering children and switching laundry and answering the phone and on and on. Always ends up that only one part of the meal is warm when it's time to eat. Then I remembered the food warmers that commercial kitchens use to keep dishes warm until the entire meal is ready to go out. I started turning the oven on to its lowest setting (170) and using it as a warmer. Now my eggs stay warm while I'm making pancakes and those stay warm while I'm making hashbrowns. French fries stay warm with the burgers until I'm done frying them in batches. :) And most importantly -- mama always gets to eat HOT food even when she's the last to sit down.

No comments:

Post a Comment